CREATIONS BY MARIE ANTOINETTE & EDIE MARIE

Welcome to our Team Blog! Marie Antoinette & Edie Marie have joined together to create a fun place to share our ideas and lives with all of you. We know that our teaming up has been confusing for some of you and we apologize. We will refer to ourselves as Marie Antoinette (the Doll Creator & maker of fabulous items) who lives in Peacock Paradise and Edie Marie (the creator of the posts and story telling on this blog & amateur crafter of many things in my "attic") who lives on Golden Pond. What great fun we have combining our forces!!

Thank you for stopping by to see what's happening in our studios in Peacock Paradise and on Golden Pond!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

WHITMANVILLE CHRISTMAS VILLAGE MAGAZINE ARTICLE


There's a new magazine in town and 
our darling Marie Antoinette is in it! 
 

The Fall 2014 issue of  
the Southern Senior Magazine 
is out! It has a wonderful 2 page 
article in it about Marie's incredible 
Whitmanville Christmas Village. 


  This new magazine has been 
created for baby boomers by 
Pearl River Communications. 
It's a quarterly magazine that runs just 
$16.00 per year. It can be delivered via mail 
to your home by calling 601-798-4835.

 
I was so excited when I received a copy 
of the magazine in the mail from Marie!


The article and photos are delightful and 
remind me of magazines from my youth! 


Here's some quotes from the article: 

 "Marie has been collecting Whitmanville for 
22 years. She started when her daughter bought 
her the first piece, a ceramic train. 
Then Marie got the fever!"



"The era of the Christmas Village is set in the 
early 1900's. People still wore long dresses, 
and they still had horse drawn carriages, 
but they also had autos and airplanes."


 "Whitmanville has a waterfront, or warehouse area, 
then comes the shops, museums, restaurants, and 
the township... City Hall, bank, churches and such."


"Then what the children love most... 
The Carnival... Marie has most all the old 
rides... even a Swan Boat ride."


"She also has a ski mountain."



"Next comes the zoo, 
with monkeys, elephants, lions, tigers, 
and bears... Oh My!!"



"Marie says it takes about a week to set 
it up. She says she does have some help 
from her daughter, Alexia Miller, and 
one of her best friends, Diane Richard. "




"When asked about her favorite part of 
Whitmanville, Marie says 'My favorite 
part is the Nutcracker Ballet.' This is an 
amazing piece. The ballerinas dance and 
swirl around the stage gracefully. All 
the girls love this piece!"



Marie's Whitmanville Christmas Village 
has been a part of "Christmas on the Rails"
in Picayune, Mississippi for the past 
couple of years. It has previously been located 
at the Picayune Train Depot but is moving 
this year to it's own location at
The Checkered Lily.

Fix yourself a cup of tea and 
take a few minutes to look at this video 
of Marie's village from 2013... 
you'll be sooo glad you did. 
It's even larger now since she adds 
new pieces every year. The details 
will amaze you!

 
Marie thanks the magazine from the 
bottom of her heart for spreading the 
news of her beautiful village.
Whitmanville Christmas Village 
 is a huge highlight of Picayune's "Christmas 
on the Rails" event that dazzles and 
delights ALL ages! 



Congratulations Marie 
for being recognized by 
Southern Senior Magazine. 
Your village is a true treasure!!
 
Stop by if you're in the area on 
December 5th!! It's from 5pm to 9pm.
She'll love to see you there!


If you would like to subscribe to this 
great magazine you can contact 
Southern Senior Magazine 
@ 601-798 -4835 or email them
@ wrjwradio@bellsouth.net .

Holiday Blessings to all of 
our dear friends! 

Marie Antoinette & Edie Marie
 XOXO

Post written by - Edie Marie
Talented & humble village creator - Marie Antoinette  
Great new mag - Southern Senior Magazine
 
We're joining Paula @ 
Ivy & Elephants for 
What's It Wednesday
Stop by to see Paula's fall 
decorations! 




20 comments:

  1. Hi Edie and Marie,
    Such a wonderful post to share the excitement. I too have my copy and I love it reading every word about such a delightful village!!

    Marie, I am so happy for you and the recognition you deserve with this beautiful magazine. You truly have created a wonderland for all to enjoy during the Christmas season. Congrats on the new location and many wonderful years there.
    The best part of all, is you create this from your heart just to bring happiness to others. You are so generous and giving bringing joy to so many.

    Thank you Edie for this special post to share with everyone Marie's accomplishment. You presented this beautifully and made this post very special.

    The video is fantastic.
    Blessings to you both this holiday season.
    Love you girls!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Celeste!!!
    And Thank you Sherry for doing this wonderful post. I know I have not done much to help you these days, So again Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    I love all my friends and I love you ,
    XXOO Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO awesome, congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry....I am too young to qualify for this "seniors" magazine...lol...just kiddin'. Seriously though, this is just incredible Marie! Sharing your creation with others I know brings joy to so many in this special season of the year. Congratulations on the write up. !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ladies! Congrats on the publication feature, how exciting! Thanks for including the video, that village is AMAZING! It would surely be something to see in person! Where is the village set up at in the video, your house?
    Take care,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello ladies,
    I'm so glad to come over and see this. I've always wanted to have a Christmas village like this, or at least part of one. It was a delight to see. And how wonderful that Marie was featured in Southern Senior Magazine with her Christmas village. I would really love to see the Nutcracker piece because Nel and Jess go to the Nutcracker ballet every Christmas, and just adore it. Wow, I can't believe it takes about a week to set up. So much time to prepare, but it will surely bring such joy to those who view it. Thanks for displaying this wonderful creation for us. I enjoyed it, and will probably come back and see it again!

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello YOU TWO! WOW, this is thrilling, so thrilling to see your work Marie Antoinette, and to get a peek into your world and HOME! You made me think of my father who adored setting up the trains and the magical city in our home...but nothing quite as big as this! Congratulations so much on getting published! I too will be in a German magazine in the next month; it is exciting to get that recognition!

    Dearest Edie Marie, thank you so much for coming, dear friend....thank you for commenting on my post. We all need to feed our imaginations, because GOD gave them to us to build hope and shape it into faith. How lovely of a time this is to dream.

    HUGS TO YOU BOTH, mes chères amies! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello ladies... how wonderful to see Marie in the magazine!... sooo deserving!... and I LOVE Whitmanville... I want to live there!... I have seen her photos each year and love it all more each time I see it again... congratulations dear Marie!!!... and dear Edie Marie, (Sherry) how kind of you to post this!... hope you are both doing well... wow, the holiday season came upon us so quickly!... love to you both, xoxo... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello ladies, our congrats on the publication feature - how thrilling and so well-deserved! The video is outstanding!

    Dear Edie-Marie, many thanks for visiting and your lovely comments about my latest thriller – fourth in my current very popular (and selling amazingly well!) crime series featuring an investigative journalist (aka me, Nora Johnson!)

    Btw Other unusual facts about me and my adventurous life to date on my website (eg one weird uncle in the British SAS!). Plus, as my per my website, all proceeds from the sale of my thrillers go to a local cancer hospice-charity! So all in a good cause!
    If you do go ahead and get "Landscape of Lies", do let me know!

    Have a lovely Holiday season!

    Hugs

    Lola & Nora:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog do you have and a wonderful (french!) name,

    Love Janny
    Paper Roses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again! Omitted the website itself (!) with info about other locations in my novels, plotlines and reviews!

    Here it is:

    Nora-Johnson.com

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the feature girls, you deserve it! I thing it's a nice idea to have a seniors mag - gives me ideas ... Hope you're enjoying this pre-christmas time and wish you a super start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful! Her village is amazing. The nutcracker ballet sounds absolutely fabulous! I bet the display in real life is breath taking!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how amazing! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so exciting!!! I am so glad you shared the video, it was such fun to see it and experience what I can't in person. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your feature! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for your sweet comments on my glittered star ornaments:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is that you, Edie? Oh I had lost contact with you! Well, I'm so glad you popped in to see me and I send my congratulations to Marie! How marvelous for the feature. I surely do hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Marie!! LOVE your village...we can only imagine how beautifully breathtaking it is in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Girls, stopping by to say hello and best wishes for a wonderful start to December. Hope your Thanksgiving was perfect. Love reading this post once again and the wonderful pics.
    Blessings and Love to you both.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Marie
    Congratulations for being published! And you set up your Whitman Village every year, even if it is in a different location. Cheers to you, as there must be many, many people who get such a joy from experiencing the village up close.
    And hello to Edie too!
    I am fine, I'm slow with doing more than two posts on my blog a month. I kind of slowed down, and figured I would post things that were of interest to all types of artists.
    Take care, have a glorious tonight and tomorrow!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Teresa
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete